Monday, July 31, 2006
Here is my almost finished Constant Companion. I use it just like this, but hope to finish the outside pocket and to line it so it will hold the shape better. I recently lined a felted bag for the first time. It wasn't as hard as I imagined so I should get around to lining my Sophie and this bag soon. I have some great sock monkey print fabric that might look good. You can't really tell from the picture, but my bag is striped brown and green. I made it from Lite-Lopi. This was a knit-a-long at my LYS earlier this year. Some other people in the KAL found it less than exciting to knit, after all it's almost all knit stitch in the round. I found changing color helped break up the monotony and kept me going.
**Please make-believe this was posted 3 weeks ago. I'm a little behind in my blogging, you see.**
This picture shows what the bag I made for the KSKS swap looks like after felting. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it after I blocked it. It turned out very nice, if I do say so myself. Perhaps my pal Danielle Hui from Canton MA (it's okay to reveal this since I have mailed the kit and she probably has it by now) will take a picture for me? I included a new Fiber Trends sock pattern and Lorna's Laces sock yarn it called for, a row counter, some M&M's, and a chibi for finishing. I hope you like it, Dani!
I finished my first moebius from the Treasury of Magical Knitting.
(pretend I posted this is June, because I meant to but didn't get a chance to photograph the moe until today)
I'm very happy with the way it turned out and can't wait to wear it. It is a little cold in my office but not quite cold enough for a sweater and the moe right now. I'm not sure I could carry off just the moe and a t-shirt.
I plan on starting another moebius with some Malabrigo I got during the Yarn Shop Hop in May, but I have quite a few projects in the work just now.
Friday, July 07, 2006
Saturday, July 01, 2006
It is finished! I started the Clapotis from Knitty.com last summer and got about half way through when I found out that I had been twisting my stitches. I just started knitting last year, you see. The thought of frogging the whole project didn't appeal to me so I just put it away. I picked it up again about 3 weeks ago and after changing to a smaller needle size (twisted stitches are smaller and tighter) I decided no frogging would be necessary as no one will notice the second half is different when I'm wearing it. I used Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Tuscany and used size 6 needles (size 8 when I was twisting). So now I only have three UFO's (UnFinished Objects) I'm not working on. The homespun pants, which I will have to start over (because I was twisting stitches when I started them), my sister's afghan (she made the granny squares, I just have to hook them together), and a chenille poncho (I just can't find the pattern I was using for this one). The projects I have on needles and am working on are the After Bertha socks, and another pair of socks from the Vintage Socks book, and the Sock Monkey baby blanket from the Happy Hooker. I wasn't able to get a hold of any Bernat Denimstyle Rodeo Tan, so I had to change all the yarn called for in the pattern. I think it will be just fine.