Monday, April 08, 2013

Little Bit Pretty-Pretty



Since my cat's passing (RIP :( Harrison), I have been missing the pitter-patter of little feet about the house. I've considered another cat or maybe a dog. But really those were fleeting thoughts. No other cat could replace my Harry, and a dog needs a yard!

One day in January I stopped at the pet shop by my house. My niece and nephew each have a Betta and they seemed fairly easy to care for and lovely to watch. Needless to say, I left the shop with a pamphlet on Betta care plus one small Twin Tail Halfmoon male Betta and all its accoutrement!

So far he has been very easy to care for: feed twice daily, clean tank once a week, and very lovely and relaxing to watch.  However, he is still mostly nameless. I tend to call him "Little Bit" or "Pretty-Pretty" neither of which I particularly like. Though that doesn't stop the words coming out of my mouth. Maybe I'll find the perfect name soon, but until then he'll be a lit bit pretty pretty.



No comments: